Not our words but a good race report about the NMRRL at Dinnington last Thursday – ignore all about group A – who want’s to race in that one anyway!
The 2016 NMRRL finally got under way with Groups A & B contesting the first races at Dinnington in clear, sunny conditions.
After 2 laps of the Group A race, a breakaway consisting of Steve Ellis, Dan Stephenson (both Out of the Saddle CC) & Ben Turner (TLI) held a slender 10 second gap on the bunch which they extended to sizeable 45 seconds just a lap later. With 2 laps to go, this lead was reduced to 35 seconds but with the leading trio working well together, they once again opened up their advantage to 55 seconds by the bell. At the finish, a closely fought sprint saw Stephenson take the win by just half a wheel over Turner with Ellis in 3rd place. Jack Stephenson (Out of the Saddle CC) won the bunch sprint for 4th place ahead of team-mate Rob Mitchell with Matthew Harris (Sheffrec CC) in 6th, 29 seconds behind the leading trio.
The Group B race stayed together until half distance when Robert Fowler (Rutland CC) held a small advantage on the rest of the field. A lap later, it was the turn of Allan Wailoo (7 Hills CC), who had opened up a 23 second lead. At the bell, Wailoo, riding strongly, increased his lead to 28 seconds which he held comfortably over the closing lap to take a well deserved win. Jack Rowland (Harworth & District CC) won the bunch sprint for 2nd place ahead of Andrew Cutts (Team Bottrill) & Fowler in 3rd & 4th places respectively.
1. DAN STEPHENSON M OUT OF THE SADDLE CC 29 miles in 1hr 11mins 40secs
2. BEN TURNER JUN TLI
3. STEVE ELLIS C OUT OF THE SADDLE CC both same time
4. JACK STEPHENSON S OUT OF THE SADDLE CC @ 29 secs
5. ROB MITCHELL M OUT OF THE SADDLE CC
6. MATTHEW HARRIS M SHEFFREC CC
7. HARRY WHITE JUN BIKEBOXALAN
8. MARK TURNER B DINNINGTON RC
9. PETER COLLINS M SHARROW CC
10. ASHLEY BROWN M BBM all same time.
1. ALLAN WAILOO A 7 HILLS CC 29 miles in 1hr 14mins 45secs
2. JACK ROWLAND S HARWORTH & DISTRICT CC @ 21 secs
3. ANDREW CUTTS S TEAM BOTTRILL
4. ROBERT FOWLER B RUTLAND CC
5. NICK BODEN A COMMON LANE OCCASIONALS
6. ROB BLACKBURN C TLI
7. JOSEPH LAW U16 DONCASTER WHEELERS
8. CHRIS LAST C CARNAC/PLANET X
9. GRAHAM WALLER M SHARROW CC
10. HARRY BUXTON U16 BROOMWAGON RT all same time.